Breaking News

"No Matter Where We Are The Crowd Lift The Roof Off Above Our Heads."





















Were you an Oasis fan before you joined?
I was a massive fan. They were the first band for years that I bought everything by.

How did you get asked to join the band?
I was at me mam's. Noel rang up, and he went: "If you haven't heard, Bonehead's left the group, do you want to come down?" And that was it, I never auditioned as such. Just played. The first song I did was "Cigarettes & Alcohol". There was a CD of live versions of five or six songs. They said: "We don't do the records, we just play it." Which was fine with me.

Do you have a favourite song to play live?
"Don't Look Back In Anger". I still get times when we're playing it where I get whats feels like an out of body experience. I can never hear the piano intro on my side of the stage, all I can hear is the crowd's response, and I just think, 'Here we go!' The crowd could sing the whole song. I don't know where all this has come from, or how this has happened, but right reound the world, no matter where we are, the crowd lift the roof off above our heads.

Which song defines Oasis for you?
"Morning Glory". Playing live, it's like the Bat Sign going up. It's one of them riffs that echoes round the place. I remember hearing it on promo cassette, in a black box with the Oasis logo on, and thinking that encapsulated everything about the band. It's big and loud.

How do you feel about the song selectionon Stop The Clocks being so loaded towards the first two albums?
Noel chose the songs. It's an absolute given that he's chosen the songs he has. It might be top heavy with the early years, but what year are we in now? We might still be in the early years...

Source: Uncut Magazine

No comments