Breaking News

Noel: I Am Better Than McCartney


















Noel Gallagher claims he is a better songwriter than Sir Paul McCartney.

The Oasis guitarist insists his debut album 'Definitely Maybe' is better than the first albums of every other leading British songwriter, including his Beatles idol Paul.

Noel said: "I was a superhero in the 90s. I said so at the time. Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Pete Townsend, Keith Richards, my first album is better than all their first albums. Even they'd admit that."

Despite his boast, the 39-year-old rocker regrets that he will never be able to record anything that will top the band's acclaimed 1994 debut.

He added: "Those songs were written in my 20s. All I had in the world was a guitar and a Dictaphone. When you're young, you write about being young and s****ing and drugs and drinking. You can't do that when you're 39. I was a different person then.

"If I knew how to write another 'Definitely Maybe', I'd do one every year. It astounds me that I wrote those songs."

www.femalefirst.co.uk

No comments