Breaking News

(What's The Story) Cover Glory

A brief history of Oasis in NME covers according to Noel Gallagher













THE VS BLUR ONE
12 AUGUST 1994

"Shit Cover. The thing about that whole 'Roll With It' versus 'Country House' thing, was that they were both shit songs. I thought I'd written the hit of the summer, Damon thought he'd written the hit of the summer, then Supergrass come along with 'Alright' and just 'ave it! Thing is about (Damon) , is that he still thinks I hate him, which fascinates me. He thought he was the king of London, and I was like 'No, I am the f***ing king of London!, he was desperate for all that 'spokesman for a generation 'shit - he went f***bald trying to be me!"













THE GLORY BOYS ONE
30 SEPTEMBER 1995

"This was around the time of'... Morning Glory?'. I tell you, I can pinpoint exactly when I started using cocaine excessively by the clothes. You'd just look in the mirror and go, 'Yeah! That looks fucking mega.' Really you just needed someone to tap you on the shoulder and go, 'The fur coat does look great... but not on you.'''













THE 'BE HERE NOW' ONE
12 JULY 1997

"That's the single worst cover shoot we ever did. Look at me! I look like Windy Miller out of f**kin' Trumpton! That was typical: I'd just bought this hat which I thought was f**king cool, then Liam shows up in a hat as well. So it's all, 'Are you wearing that f**king hat?, 'Yeah, why, are you wearing that f**king hat?' Looking at those pictures now, I just think, 'Where the f**k has that jacket gone?' That's a really nice jacket!"













THE 'BONEHEAD'S QUIT' ONE
14 AUGUST 1999


"That was at Air Studios. it hadn't been properly announced but people knew. I'm going to the shops and this Northern Irish geezer comes up and starts asking about it, then wants a quick photo. I didn't think anything of it then it ends up on the cover of NME. I next saw that guy at the NME Awards and was like 'Oi, you sly little c**t - what you doing? Well done, but what you doing?!'''













THE 9/11 ONE
30 SEPTEMBER 2001

"That was done about two or three days after 9/11. When it actually happened, I was on the phone to some geezer from the Daily Mirror, and he just went, 'F**king hell, see you later, mate'. We heard about the first tower being hit, because there's an American girl who works in our office and she saw the second tower get hit live on the f**king TV. I still just cannot get my head around it, or the impact it's had".













THE GLASTO' 04 ONE
10 JULY 2004


"This is one of those occasions where Liam just comes out of his trailer and you're just like, 'What the f**k is he doing?' I'll go to him, 'You're not wearing that, are you?' I mean, I know you're trying to make a statement, that it's Glastonbury, everybody's dirty and you're wearing white, but f**king hell... looks shit with a skinhead, that's all I'm saying."

Source: NME Magazine

No comments