Breaking News

Gallagher: 'Be Here Now Was A Mistake But Not A Disaster




















Oasis star Noel Gallagher has declared the group's 1997 album Be Here Now "one of his worst decisions" and he should have revamped the project with B-sides.

The guitarist/songwriter admits he stubbornly fought to put the album out even though he knew it was terrible. And now he has had the chance to redeem himself by placing the early Oasis songs he released as B-sides on the group's new hits album Stop The Clocks.

Gallagher says, "If all the B-sides for all the singles from the (What's The Story) Morning Glory era had been kept back and formed the basis for Be Here Now, the history of the band would be very different.

"I had this idea for Be Here Now and no one was going to shift me. I wanted to make this really pompous rock record with a 100 piece orchestra and everything - one of my worst decisions." But Gallagher was upset when critics savaged the album as a flop after it sold nine million copies around the globe.

He adds, "Because we had sold 18 million on Morning Glory, nine million albums was considered a f**king disaster. "I would kill if my next record sold nine million. I'd literally give my six-year-old daughter away."

Source: www.contactmusic.com

No comments