Breaking News

Russel Brand On Oasis At The Brits




















Another potential hazard to Brand, but not the show itself, is Outstanding Contribution To Music recipient Noel Gallagher, with whom Brand has been conducting an on-air war of words on Radio 2.

“Noel rings up my radio show every Saturday night. And we’ve talked about this. He said, ‘Don’t you dare try to upstage us, the evening is about Oasis, not about you. Don’t ruin this perfect night’.”

“And, I said, ‘Noel, you’re just a footnote. It’s all about me, so try not to tarnish it’. So there y’go. And I’m sure, as the time draws near, hostilities will increase.”

The funnyman has even suggested that Oasis’ end-of-show set, supposed to be a celebration of their greatest hits, should include a new, surprise composition. “I told Noel, he should play, perhaps, a special ballad, in homage to my hosting. I thought they might compose one specially. I’m pretty sure it’s an unfulfilled ambition for them, although I suspect the title might be something cruel and hurtful.”

When it comes to the crunch, though, Russell Brand reckons it will all be alright on the night. The ghosts of BRITs past won’t show up. Everything will run smoothly. And the guests will behave impeccably. Or at least, they should. “I think everything will go well. The bands performing are great. It’s a wonderful night for British music.” He smiles knowingly. “I’m sure even Liam and Noel will conduct themselves with decorum, like a couple of Jane Austen characters. They have such good manners,” he says. “When it comes to collecting their Outstanding Contribution To Music award, Noel will just curtsey.” And Liam? “He’ll salute.”

Source: Brits Magazine

No comments