Breaking News

Noel Gallagher 'British Pop Music Is Best'




















Oasis mainman Noel Gallagher has praised UK music, proclaiming the pop music on these shores as the best around.

The star was speaking around his two sold-out shows at the Royal Albert Hall in London for the Teenage Cancer Trust this week (March 26-27).

"I don't think pop music will ever go away, the British Isles make the best pop music," Gallagher told Virgin Radio. "What's cool is that great pop music is being made with guitars, I guess Oasis opened the door for that. There's some really great pop music being played coming out of the pages of NME like Klaxons and Hot Chip, not necessarily guitar music. I think its pretty good actually."

Gallagher added that he rated a host of bands around at the moment.

"Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, I love the Kings of Leon possibly nearly every band in Liverpool," he said of his current playlist. "Klaxons make great singles, Babyshambles maybe."

Gallagher also praised The View, who supported him at last night's gig (March 26), but admitted said he had trouble understanding what they were saying to him.

"I like them but I can't understand a word they are saying," he joked. "I'll bring my missus down later so she can do some interpreting for us because she is Scottish. I love their singles."

Gallagher plays his second Teenage Cancer Trust gig tonight (March 27) at London's Royal Albert Hall supported by The Coral.

Highlights and interviews from the gigs are due to be broadcast on Virgin Radio between 4-8pm on March 7.

For more information go to Virginradio.co.uk.

Meanwhile, Kasabian and Kaiser Chiefs are also due to play shows for the charity this week.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments