Breaking News

Jonny Wilkinson "I'm One Of Oasis's Biggest Fans"




















As a rugby player, he's the perfectionist who can't stop practising. But as a pianist, he's happy simply to fool around with his brother in their home studio. The World Cup-winner can play all right, just don't ask him to sing ...

How did you come to take up music?

I asked my older brother, Mark, to buy me a guitar for my birthday in 2003. It was around six months before the World Cup and I started playing because the pressure was building and I needed a release. When I began practising, I was convinced my fingers would never master it, that I hadn't got an ear for music, I hadn't got any rhythm. But it's a skill that can be learnt. I don't have a musical ear - which is why I don't sing - but I now have an understanding of how music works. That helped me to move on to the piano; I started reading about how to form chords and scales and now I can pick out a tune.

What music do you like listening to?

My tastes are quite mainstream. I like Arctic Monkeys and Razorlight, and a bit of old-school rap. I enjoy the music I used to listen to on my parents' old records: Dire Straits, the Beatles, all that. And I'm one of Oasis's biggest fans. They're never going to lose it - they're timeless. I haven't been to many concerts or gigs, but I went to see them in Newcastle once.

Click here to read the full interview

Source: www.guardian.co.uk

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards

No comments