Breaking News

Lord Don't Slow Me Down Review












Video: Oasis: "Lord Don't Slow Me Down"

Is it better to slow down than fade away? The lads of Oasis don't think so. While contemporaries Radiohead are busy turning the music industry on its head, the Gallagher brothers' band's first digital-only single, "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", is a bluesy sub-Dandy Warhols addiction rave-up that probably wouldn't have merited a B-side during their (What's the Story) Morning Glory? heyday. "I'm tired, and I'm sick/ I gotta habit that a cat won't lick," Noel rasps. "I feel hungover and I'm all in love/ Let the lights go down, me and you are gonna shoot 'em up."

The video is a black-and-white montage of Oasis tour footage, presumably from the band's forthcoming Lord Don't Slow Me Down rockumentary. There they are driving into Hollywood or arriving in Japan, cameras flashing, roadies waving; Noel even celebrates a birthday with a little person bearing cake. Like the single, though-- a holdover from the Don't Believe the Truth sessions-- the video comes across as a bit of an afterthought. At least you didn't pre-order it for 40 quid.

Source: www.pitchforkmedia.com

No comments