Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Has Words For Amy Winehouse


















In the mid-90s, Oasis' Gallagher brothers became British tabloid fixtures thanks to their brotherly bust ups, their famous girlfriends and rumors of rampant drug use. These days, younger brother Liam and older brother Noel still regularly garner column inches, though it's more to do with marriage rumors, babies and ghost hauntings than the salacious stories of years before.

Liam was a little younger than Amy Winehouse when he first became front page fodder, so when Spinner caught up with the Oasis frontman during some promotion for Oasis' new DVD, 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down,' we asked if had any empathy for the travails of the 24-year-old pop-soul singer.

"No, nope, no," he told Spinner rather firmly. "I'm sure she's a big girl and she f***ing knows what she's doing. I couldn't give a f*** mate about any of them. I'm sure they couldn't give a f*** about me, so no. She plays with fire, you get burnt. That's the way it goes. That's what happened with me. I'm in a f***ing great place at the moment, so I don't think it does you any harm."
While plenty of rock stars, including Rolling Stones singer, Mick Jagger, have been quoted saying they'd like to help the troubled chanteuse, Liam suggested Winehouse will garner wisdom and find less trouble, with age.

"If she's knows what she's doing's f***ing not good, then she needs to sort of back up a bit," he said. "But she's young so I'd be probably doing the same thing, except for twice the drugs. I'm sure she'll grow out of it."

As for what she does, while Liam hasn't been shy of putting down plenty of ensembles over the years, he's rather kind when it comes to Winehouse's music. "It's alright," he said. "I like that 'Rehab.' I've not heard [the record], man. I've just heard what I heard on TV. She's good."

Source: www.spinner.com

Click here to enter a competition to win some exclusive artwork.

No comments