Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Takes It On The Chin




















Noel Gallagher has dismissed disliking Jay-Z and defended his comments about the rapper headlining Glastonbury.

The 41-year-old music legend stuck up for his freedom of speech at yesterday’s O2 Silver Clef awards in London.

The axeman has been widely quoted as saying hip-hop had no place at the Worthy Farm festie.

Insisting his comments had been taken out of context, Noel said: “I was making a comment about ticket sales. That was my opinion on it and that’s the end of it.

“Then it got picked up by the Church Of England brigade and the broadsheets – bulls***.

“For the record, I like Jay-Z – that’s my opinion.

“But you know I got asked a question about ticket sales. I should have gone along like one of those s***bag pop stars that says everything is amazing.

“It’s been amazing for our record sales though.” Jay-Z, 38, used video footage of Noel and mimed along to the Oasis hit Wonderwall when he played the festival.

The track is now back in the charts.

Oasis collected the O2 Silver Clef award at the event at the Hilton in Park Lane to raise money and awareness of Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy.

Boxing wonder Ricky Hatton presented Oasis with their gong, and in tune with his new-found mission of using a certain word, Noel branded him “amazing”.

He said: “When you see him in his dressing room before a fight listening to Morning Glory then that really is amazing.”

Manchester City fan Ricky, 34, said: “Along with my family and my football team Oasis are one of my three big loves.

Presenting an award to them was a dream come true.

“I love them because they’re working class lads from a council estate in Manchester.

“I train to their music and always sing Wonderwall on the karaoke.”

Click here to see a video of Noel and Ricky Hatton and The Fratellis talk about Oasis.

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments