Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: I Didn't Diss Jay-Z














Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher says his comments about Jay-Z performing at this year's Glastonbury festival were taken the wrong way.

The singer/songwriter created a stir in the lead up to the famous festival when he criticised Jay-Z appearing at the festival as its headline act.

At the time Noel, the older of the two brothers Gallagher, said: "I'm sorry, Jay-Z? No chance.

"Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music...I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

But in this month's NME, the rocker - in a reference to John Lennon's explanation for comments relating to The Beatles being more popular than Jesus Christ - says: "I wasn't saying I was better than Jay-Z as a person or rock was greater than hip-hop as a thing or whatever it is.

"I said what I said and it was wrong, or it was taken as wrong, and now all this."

He then added: "My single went back in the charts, Jay-Z's profile went through the roof. Everyone's a winner.

"He knows that I was misrepresented, as I guess he was, so let's move on."

Noel also admitted that we watched Jay-Z's Glastonbury performance of Oasis' Wonderwall.

He said: "For my own part I can sit here and say I never dissed that guy. I never would.

"But there's no point in going on about it, because you end up sounding like Heather Mills: 'I said this! I meant that!'"

Mr Gallagher added that he was sure he would "have a beer" with Jay-Z at some point and that "it'll all be fine".

Oasis headlined the Pyramid Stage at the festival in 1995 and 2004, with tickets selling out on both occasions.

Source: www.sky.com

No comments