Breaking News

Oasis Fan Only Gig Review
















stoptheclocks members on the secret Oasis gig last night...

Els on the gig

We arrived, they bussed us to the location, gave us wristbands, put our phones into named envelopes, and gave us three drinks tokens and ear plugs.

Then we arrive in the studio, a surprise, they played the entire dig out your soul album to warm up! SO heavy and, moody is the word??

Lots of oasis family there. Sara, Nicole, Paul G, Marcus, Phil etc. And gene g!

Oasis come on straight after, rock and roll star! Here's what I remember of the setlist:

Rock and roll star
Lyla
Shock of the lightning
Cigs and alcohol
Ain't got nothing
My big mouth
Slide away (liam sung)
Falling down
Importance of idle
Don't look back (slow and acoustic)
Supersonic
Champagne supernova
Liam's new one about Lennon (I'm Outta Time, I think altho not 100% sure)
The masterplan
Wonderwall
Songbird
Supersonic
I am the walrus to finish

Probably more but I can't remember!

Set ended with liam walking through the crowd- prolly 100 people- and kissing Nicole by the bar.

Liam on great form, good voice!

On the bus driving home!

I had a quick chat to Marcus Russell, I asked him if they'd do another knebworth he said massive shows next year but not another knebworth as too big for everyone concerned!!

King Eric The Second on the gig

Just got back, just an incredible night. It's kind of hollow in a way, because I'm never going to see my favourite band like that again. I was pretty much at the front, I'm not exaggerating when I say I could reach out and touch Liam.

The new album sounded pretty good on first listen, pretty rocky start. Bag It Up sounded pretty heavy. There's a bit in it which goes 'More, More, Mooore' just before the chorus, sounded like Lady Marmalade! Stand outs from the album for me were Bag It Up, The Turning, Waiting For The Rapture (which was like a more refined Force of Nature), Shock of the Lightening, I'm Outta Time (which is a perfect single, should be huge) and Falling Down. Some of the others are probably growers, not instant hits.

The gig was perfect, Liam sounded fucking spot on, the best he's sounded in years. The new stuff was excellent live, Slide Away was done to almost perfection, couldn't believe it when they played My Big Mouth, although like someone said, it wasn't as heavy as the album version. They also played Waiting For The Rapture live, which wasn't on the setlist above. Nicole brought the little un down the front for Lyla, and was pretty much stood next to us. Also spotted the blonde one from Sugababes, Dave Berry her fella, and Tamsin whatsername from Eastenders. When Liam left the stage at the end I managed to shake his hand, won't be washing that tonight.

All in all, just a mental experience. Like Noel said at one point 'Next time you see us live you'll be miles away'. I never thought I'd see Oasis that close, and I don't think I ever will again.

Source members of stoptheclocks

3 comments

Anonymous said...

"There's a bit in it which goes 'More, More, Mooore' just before the chorus"

The line is "Everything I believe in is telling me I want more, more, mooooore"

Anonymous said...

No Live Forever

Anonymous said...

No Live Forever