Breaking News

Oasis' Noel Gallagher Wants To Write The Next 'James Bond' Theme




















Read a free extract from NME's exclusive cover story

Noel Gallagher has told NME that he's got more spare songs than he knows what to do with, and would like some of them to be used as the next James Bond theme.

Oasis speak about their new album 'Dig Out Your Soul', knife crime and what they'd do if they were Mayor of London, in an exclusive cover story in this week's NME.

Now check out an exclusive free extract from the interview on NME.COM, then get your copy on UK newsstands now.


....The songs are coming quickly, with three of Noel's - 'The Shock Of The Lightning', 'Falling Down' and another newie 'Come On, It's Alright' - being written in a matter of days. In fact, he's now got "a backlog of thirty-odd songs, just sitting there".

"I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do with them all," he sighs. "Could I give them to someone else to sing? Well, there's a few that sound like girls could sing them, you know? But who? Fucking Amy Winehouse? She'll be dead before I write another one. That Duffy's alright. I might do them for a film, but I don't want them to be stuck in divvy romantic comedies."

How about a Bond theme? Jack White's just done one.

"It's a bit of a piss-take that the greatest British agent of all time has to be soundtracked by a bunch of fucking Americans. But yep, I've written a couple of Bond theme tunes."

Really? What are they called?

"Er, they haven't got very Bond-esque titles, so I would have to tailor the title accordingly. The latest one that I wrote, I listened back to it thinking, 'fucking hell man! That'd make a fucking great Bond theme'. But it's called 'Freaky Teeth'. Now, unless there's a James Bond film that comes out in the next ten years that's very, very psychedelic..."

Or they could bring Jaws back...

"Yeah! I dunno, I would never write a song called 'A Different Way To Die' or 'Die Another Day', there's always something about death, isn't there?"

Maybe you could do 'Live Forever'.

"I could, but I'd have to re-record it. Getting back to the point, I have no idea what I'll do with these songs."...

Source: www.nme.com

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards

No comments