Breaking News

A Muso’s Top 10: Bonehead








Since his departure from Oasis at the turn of the millennium, the whereabouts of Paul 'Bonehead' Arthurs have remained a mystery – ‘somewhere in Manchester’ is about all the streets have murmured - until now. This month he returns with six strings, the truth and a bloke called Pete MacLeod to play a gig in Glasgow. But first there's the more pressing matter of recommending some choice cuts for a mix tape and telling us where in the b'jeesus he's been all this time:

“I’m still playing guitar at home and whatever - doing stuff myself - but I met up with these lads called the Vortex and just love the whole attitude, they’re sort of like Primal Scream with Denise Johnson. They’ve a girl called Jaxx on backing vocals who’s just joined and she’s really lifted them up. When they asked me if I’d play on the record I jumped at the chance. Then they asked if I’d like to come up onstage and thought ‘yeah, love to’. Their whole approach really caught my eye and ear. The atmosphere of the gigs reminds me of the feeling I had about Oasis in the early days.

"Now, I’ve not had a chance to get near my iTunes because the kids have been swamping it, but here goes…”

1. Oasis – Columbia
2. Kings of Leon – Red Morning Light
3. N.W.A – Straight Outta Compton
4. The Charlatans - Oh Vanity
5. Led Zeppelin – Good Times, Bad Times
6. Mark Lanegan Band – Sideways in Reverse
7. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Spread Your Love
8. The Staple Singers - When Will We Be Paid For the Work We’ve Done
9. Jimmy Cliff – Vietnam
10. The Creation – How Does It Feel to Feel

Source: www.theskinny.co.uk

No comments