Breaking News

New Bonehead Interview
















Hello Bonehead. Everyone in the world knows what was in your front room 15 years ago. What's in your front room now?

"Well i've still got the stained glass from the "Definitely Maybe' sleeve (below), I've got a log fire going now but the actual fireplace is the same one."

They are Items of historical importance.


"It means you can never forget."

You decorated and plastered the "Definitely Maybe" front room your, do you still do that in your new home?


"Yes. Maybe I've got too much time in my hands - but in the new house i did it all over again. I got a wheelbarrow and a lumb hammer and just went mental on it, almost killed myself."

So if i wanted you to get you in to plaster the office where i work, how much would you charge?

"I'd definitely be up for it. When Noel briefly left the band, fucking years ago when we were in LA, I remember talking to Guigsy going,"fucking hell it could all be over." And he said, "Do you think you can stil Artex a ceiling?" I said, "fucking piece of piss." So he had this plan that we both bought a van Guigs & Bonehads Plastering. We reckoned we couldhave got a grand a ceiling!"

You've got a tour kicking off on Halloween. SPOOKY.

"Yeah it's an acoustic tour, it's me and Pete McCloud, two acoustic guitars and he's singing and I'm going to be DJing at some aftershows."

Why is it acoustic? Are you carrying you own equipment?

"No, Pete's a friend of Alan McGee's and he's sort of relocated to LA. I listened to some tracks and we agreed to do a couple of dates together, then that turned into us playing all over the place"

Oasis are still stumbling along, then.

"Oh, they'll go on untill they drop."

I'm quite impressed by the huge change of direction on the new album.

"I think it's brilliant. I think they've hit the spot again. I don't know about new direction but there's lots of shades of "Definitely Maybe" in there."

I was sort of taking the piss when i was talking about the new direction. This is very much an Oasis album.

"Well, yes. They're never going to go hip-hop are they? Well, they might. But i'm really enjoying the album."

So you listen to their stuff and wish you were still in the band to play it?

"It's a long time ago - It's 10 years since I was in the band. But they're out on tour now and i do think, "I'd love to have played on that." You always have those "what if" moments, but i don't have any regrets. I feel like i'm free to do whatever I want to do now."

"Whatever you choose..."

"And now I can have a great night playing with a band, or DJing, or doingthis acoustic tour."

What do you play when you're DJing?

"I jut play good music. Some people go "Oh, Arctic Monkeys, you can't touch that" and I'm like "why not? IT's what the kids want the hear and I quite like it. I did one gig where I was DJing off my iPod and it had all my kid's music on it and I hit the wrong song and "The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe" came on. Two and a half minutes into it they were all raving! Top!"

Where do you stand on hats?

"Well, I'm just getting fitted for a new wig at the moment so I won't need to.. I'm joking. No I don't really wear hats.

Why not?

"I'm just not a hat man. I don't know. I have got a hat. I'm just not a hat person"

Are you going out tonight?

"Yes, I'm going to see a gig with McGee."

Wear a hat.

"I might."

Source: NME Magazine (thanks to Tom)

No comments