Breaking News

Noel Blasts Amy















Oasis star Noel Gallagher pulls no punches in this sensational interview, taking a pop at all his chart rivals.

He blasts Amy Winehouse as a “waste” and charity pop concerts as “bullshit”.

Noel, 41, does not spare his brother Liam, 36, either – he gets mocked for wearing make-up and dying his hair.

Here, Noel speaks exclusively to the Daily Star on the eve of the release of his band’s comeback album, Dig Out Your Soul.

And he is clearly a man who loves to Look Back In Anger...

Hellraiser Noel Gallagher has lived the rock ’n’ roll lifestyle to the full – and survived to tell the tale.

He quit using cocaine 10 years ago.

And he has no respect for the likes of Amy Winehouse, 25, whose descent into drugs has left her a wreck.

Noel says: “She’s got an undeniably great voice, but there’s plenty of great singers in the world. It astonishes me that fame seems to hit those kind of people hard.

“They kind of pull down the shutters and become drug addicts because they can’t deal with it. So f*** her. There’s no point wasting words on people like that. They have no respect for themselves so why should people have respect for them?”

Oasis have always refused to join in charity gigs such as Live 8 and Live Earth. And Noel criticises bands who do.

He asks: “Global problems are very easily solved by rock stars, are they? They say: ‘Starving people in Africa? Let’s do a gig, that’ll sort it out.’ It’s f***ing bullshit.

“Radiohead can get on their battery-operated pushbikes as long as they like, but they’re pissing in the wind.

“You can’t put a load of rock stars up on a stage and expect to wipe out global poverty. That’s ludicrous.”

Noel has no kind words to say about chart-toppers Keane, either.

“No matter how hard they try, they’ll always be squares. Even if one of them started injecting heroin into his c**k, people would go: ‘Yeah but your dad was a vicar.’”

You would hardly expect Noel to be a fan of singer James Blunt, 34, either. And you’d be right!

“I’m sure Blunt is just saying he lives in Ibiza for effect,” says Noel.

“I’ve had a house there for 10 years and I haven’t see him once.

“I heard he’s got a nightclub in his house, which is strange, because he doesn’t look like he could take a stiff cocktail.

“But I must say it did make me quite uncomfortable knowing I was there and he was up the road somewhere being sh*t.”

Although he’s pals with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, 31, Noel says the rest of Oasis hate his band.

He admits “I’m not in a band full of Coldplay fans, there’s only me – the others hate them – and U2.

“I think they’re a bit insecure because Coldplay and U2 sell more records than we do. I like them.

“Chris fascinates me, even though he’s proper posh. I don’t think I’d be Gwyneth Paltrow’s cup of tea, though. I swear too much.”

Noel’s legendary rows with his brother have often led to full-scale punch-ups. And they could be heading for another one once Liam reads this.

Noel says: “Liam’s been dyeing his hair for a while and he wears make-up. I’ve seen him wearing eyeliner at parties, looking like a character from A Clock­work Orange.

“And he knows about his moisturisers. I think he’s trying to head off old age, but it’ll catch him.

“Turning 40 doesn’t bother me as I’ve always felt older than I am. I’ve never traded on my good looks like Liam.

“To me, it’s not about the haircut or jawline or belly. I’m known for my songs. I can do that at any age.”

Noel is still recovering after suffering three broken ribs in an onstage attack in Toronto, Canada.

A man ran on stage and shoved him on to an amplifier. But Noel is happy that footage of the incident taken by fans on mobile phones has made him an internet sensation.

“It’s quite exciting being a genuine YouTube superstar! But the painkillers have left me feeling a bit braindead. Sometimes I drift off and I don’t know what I’m talking about.”

He says one bit of footage apparently shows his brother running away, then trying to punch the invader once he is safely in the arms of security.

“Liam got all brave once the security guards turned up,” he says. “I got taken straight to hospital.

“But we’re not going to become one of these American bands with more security guards than musicians on stage. We don’t go in for that Madonna crap.

“We’ve got enough security guards as it is. If they’d been doing their f***ing job properly instead of playing air guitar, I’d be all right.”

Critics say Dig Out Your Soul sees Oasis return to the rocking form they had when they first found fame in 1994.

But don’t expect them to copy Radiohead or Keane and start giving tracks away for free to their fans.

“No one’s getting anything free from me,” says Noel. “If they can find it on the internet and steal it, good luck to them.

“But we’re not going to put it in anybody’s f***ing pocket for free. F*** that."

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments