Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: We're Playing Eight Glastonburys











Noel Gallagher reckons Glastonbury chief Michael Eavis will be “s****** himself” after Oasis announced their biggest arena tour yet.

The Manc rockers will play eight mammoth gigs next summer – and Kasabian and The Enemy will also be on the bill.

By the end of July 12 next year the band – Noel, Liam, Andy Bell, Gem Archer and Chris Shanrock – will have entertained more than a million ale-soaked punters on their epic 18-month world tour.

And the eight gigs will certainly be vying with Glastonbury for ticket buyers’ hard-earned cash.

Announcing the gigs at Wembley, Noel said: “Michael Eavis will be s******* himself when he sees this.

“I thought Knebworth was as big as it could get, but this takes it on.

“Wembley is a great British venue and it is going to be great playing here. I think they will easily be next year’s best gigs, if not the decade. I am really made up with the bill, what a night out. I am just glad I’ll be able to get tickets.

“This is what it’s all about, the gigs that go down in the memory, where people meet their future wives. Liam is s******* himself.”

Oasis start the tour at Heaton Park, Manchester, on June 6 next year. Noel said: “The last person to play Heaton Hall was The Pope in 1982. I supported him back then. I was doing stand up but the religious gags didn’t go down too well.”

Noel added: “Kasabian toured with us in the States a couple of years ago. We always said when we were doing the big super-gigs again we would give them first option.

“I liked The Enemy from the moment I heard their first single. With the three bands on in one night, if I was 16 or 17, I would want to be there.”

Roll on next summer . . .

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments