Breaking News

Oasis Reveal Proms Show Secrets

Oasis have explained why they are drafting in a choir for their forthcoming BBC Electric Proms show.

Noel Gallagher said the band decided to join forces with the Crouch End Festival Chorus because the "BBC like to do something special" for the event.

The band had the option to team up with Kasabian, but decided to work with a choir instead.

The Manchester quintet are due to close the five day festival at the London Roundhouse on 26 October.

Explaining his reasons for picking the choir Noel said: "Instead of wheeling Tom (Meighan) and Serge (Pizzorno) onstage and going through some Rolling Stones tunes, I said, 'When the crowd sing when I'm singing the big songs, you can never hear yourself sing anyway so why not take that and put that onstage?'.

"We thought let's not have a gospel choir dressed in black doing that dance that they do. Just have an everyman choir of normal everyday people in their own clothes that back us."

He also revealed that the band have axed Live Forever from the set of their UK tour, which kicks off at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Tuesday.

Noel Gallagher said: "Of course there's going to be a massive backlash. But if we were to play every song the fans demanded we'd be like Bruce Springsteen playing over three and a half hours."

He went on: "When I put the set together it was only our new drummer Chris (Sharrock) that noticed it.

"He said, 'Are we not going to do Live Forever?'. I was like, 'Do you know what? I hadn't even noticed'.

"I was like, 'Shall we do Live Forever?' and everyone was like 'I don't know. Do you miss it? I don't miss it'.

"One thing that annoys me about the live version of that is Liam refuses to sing the falsetto so it's quite ludicrous that we've got away with that for 10 years. Anyway all the fans can go and play it afterwards."

Despite leaving the famous track off, which is widely regarded as one of the 'greatest indie anthems' ever, Noel did confirm that the band would be playing a song from Be Here Now for the first time since the album's tour in 1997.

The guitarist also said that he was recovering well after he was injured by a fan at the V Festival in Canada last month.

He said: "I'm totally on the mend. I've been shown by my doctor how to do these funny little wiggles.

"It's called the camel and the cat where you get on all fours and you arch your back up.

"It's funny the osteopath was going, 'This one is called the camel and this one is called the cat'. I thought, 'I might sample that'.

"Seriously though, I can't wait. Liverpool will be the first night of the British tour and it'll be quite exciting."

Noel Gallagher was speaking to Radio 1's Zane Lowe.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

No comments