Breaking News

Paul Weller: I Saw Noel Gallagher Attacked




















Paul is a man who's been in the right place at the right time throughout his career.

And that was true when he saw Oasis on the night Noel Gallagher was shoved over by a stage invader.

He said: "I was standing right by the side of the stage and it was so quick I didn't even see it happen - but I saw the commotion afterwards."

Noel was assaulted and pushed into a monitor by a crazed Canadian at the gig at V Festival in Toronto on September 7.

But such was the speed of events that the full scale of what went on only became apparent afterwards.

A shocked Paul confessed: "I didn't see the geezer come out - it was that quick! I didn't know what had happened until straight after."

But despite the assault, Weller reckons that Oasis played one of the best shows of their lives that evening.

He said: "They still played an incredible gig that night. That was one of the best times I've ever seen them. They were on fire. They were f***ing great."

People have been agreeing that Oasis are back on form after a few years of treading water - and the same could be said about Weller.

With latest album 22 Dreams, he's got the stamp of critical approval and a new audience of fans eager to hear his more experimental material.

Paul said: "I worked with Noel Gallagher on this record but that wasn't what was planned - it just happened. I do like the new Oasis album. I like bits of it an awful lot. They've tried to take it on a bit. "

On his own new songs, Paul said: "I wanted to make something different, just for my own sake. I wanted to play with the sound and try and take the music somewhere else. Just to make it interesting for myself, to see what's out there."

Read the rest of the interview here.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments