Breaking News

The Gallagher Brothers Can Live Forever As Ricky Hatton's Belt-Carriers





Ricky Hatton has told Oasis superstars the Gallagher brothers they can live for ever as his belt-carriers - despite Liam spoiling for a fight last time out.

The rock 'n' rollers trailed Hitman Hatton into the MGM Grand Garden Arena ahead of his win over Paulie Malignaggi in November and caused quite a stir.

Frontman Liam, above, upset New Yorker Malignaggi by thrusting one of Hatton's belts into his face and taunting him.

Hatton said: "Liam got into the ring and I told him to stand right behind me with the belt.

"But he went up to Malignaggi and said, 'What do you think about that?' I was trying to focus on the fight but I could see him out of the corner of my eye.

"Noel Gallagher was telling his brother, 'Come here you, d***head'! But provided they can be there they will always carry my belt.

"Oasis are a real passion of mine and I love their music. I loved them before I even knew them."

Hatton likes to train to the sound of hits like Wonderwall, Live Forever and Don't Look Back In Anger, which boom out from the mega sound system in his gym.

And while Liam has a reputation as one of music's bad boys, Hatton reckons there is a soft side to him that few get to see.

He added: "Liam had never been to a fight before and he said, 'It scared me, that. How many more fights are you having, Ricky?' "I said, 'I don't know', and he said, 'Don't have any more. I'm as hard as **** but that scared the life out of me'.

"He pulled me to one side and said it. I thought how nice it was because he sometimes comes across as being a tough nut."

Despite Gallagher's concerns, though, Hatton will fight on.

And as he and Manny Pacquiao met in Manchester yesterday to promote their lightwelterweight fight on May 2 in Las Vegas, the Hitman declared: "I am unbeatable at 10stone and I can't wait to challenge for the pound-for-pound title again.

"There won't be any coming second this time. Manny is going to fight someone who is fast and will pressure him.

"When I went on my cruise, there were a load of Filipino waiters who looked at me and laughed, and said, 'Hatton - Pacquiao?', because they thought I had no chance.

"They won't be laughing at me on next year's cruise."

Source: www.people.co.uk

Oasis' new single 'Falling Down' is available to download on March 8th and in stores March 9th, click here to Pre-order the single.

No comments