Breaking News

Kaiser Chiefs Andrew White Wants To Poke Noel Gallagher In The Eye

















Kaiser Chiefs are breakfasting in West London and attempting to make sense of the latest attack on them by Noel Gallagher. Having previously dismissed the Leeds five-piece as ‘indie rubbish’, Gallagher has now threatened: ‘If I’m at a celebrity football match and I’m up against somebody from Kaiser Chiefs then they’re going to hospital and that’s the end of that.’

When asked how he would react if Gallagher walked into the room right now, Andrew ‘Whitey’ White, the band’s lead guitarist, says, ‘I think that I would poke him in the eye.’

Lead singer Ricky Wilson is more relaxed. ‘You’ve got to hand it to Noel,’ he says. ‘He is a genius at getting people talking about him.’

Nick Hodgson, drummer and chief songwriter, nods. ‘I don’t think it’s worth getting riled about,’ he says.

‘Every time Noel puts out a record he has a rant at some band. With his last few records it happens to be us in the firing line. I just see it as a bit of sport. I’ve learned to enjoy all the abuse that’s levelled at us. We should be used to it by now.’

Taking their name from a South African football club, Kaiser Chiefs made it big in 2005 – but had already been together seven years. Their album, Employment, spawned major hits in I Predict A Riot and Modern Way. Their follow-up, Yours Truly, Angry Mob, gave them their first No 1 in Ruby and a No 2 with The Angry Mob.

Their recent third album, Off With Their Heads, is another triumph, shot through with the Kaisers’ irrepressible melody and wit. Though Noel Gallagher might well take issue with that...

There’s a widespread belief that musicians lie about in bed all day, but nothing could be further from the truth. If you’re touring there’s always an early flight to catch. There’s nothing I hate more than an early start. I was saying that to Liam Gallagher once and he said to me, ‘I don’t mind the early mornings and I don’t mind the long nights. It’s the afternoons I hate.’ Maybe he’s referring to the moment when the hangover kicks in.

Read the full interview here.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tickets are still available for a number shows on Oasis' largest-ever UK Stadium tour, click here for availability of tickets.

No comments