Breaking News

Personal Journey Of 'Reverend And The Makers' Jon McClure



Joining Oasis as they roll into town this week to play one of the largest concerts ever staged in the North will be Reverend and the Makers. Liz Lamb chats to singer Jon McClure . . .

With 53,000 fans packed into a football stadium and the mighty Oasis headlining the sell-out date, this is one of the biggest gigs of Reverend and the Makers’ lives.

But frontman Jon McClure is showing no signs of nerves ahead of the concert at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light on Wednesday.

“I can’t wait, I am absolutely up for it,” says the singer, who is busy sunning himself in his back garden in Sheffield.

“We’ve never done anything on this scale before, but bring it on.

“You have got to test yourself in different environments. I am quite confident, there’s no nerves. We’ve been to Sunderland loads before and played gigs there.

“People in places like Sunderland, they want to hear bands talking their language and we’re like that.”

Jon is a lover of Oasis’ music, having grown up listening to them, and occasionally hangs out with Noel Gallagher.

“I’m a big Oasis fan,” he says: “When I was 12 I was told to turn off the TV at 9pm but I remember staying up and The Word came on and Oasis were on there.

“It was 1994 and I just thought ‘Oh My God’. It was a bit of a life change. I thought they were brilliant.

“I know Noel a little bit. We’ve been out a couple of times and exchanged texts and he is a brilliant guy.

“He is inspiring. The thing with Noel is he won’t say anything about people in interviews that he wouldn’t say to their face in the pub. He’s just real and it’s just the same for me, as I am very like that myself.”

Read the full interview by clicking here.

Source: www.sundaysun.co.uk

Tickets are still available for a number shows on Oasis' largest-ever UK Stadium tour, click here for availability of tickets.

No comments