Breaking News

Nelly Furtado Mourned Oasis Split



Nelly Furtado was devastated when Noel Gallagher quit Oasis - because she idolised the band when she was growing up.

The Maneater hitmaker looked to the British band for inspiration when she was starting out in the music business, and even dreamed of dating frontman Liam Gallagher.

Furtado was distraught to learn guitarist Noel walked away from the group after a fight with his brother before a show in Paris last month (Aug09).

She says, "I was inconsolable when Oasis split up. That band meant the world to me.
"As a 16-year-old I would write letters to Liam with my photo attached and pray that he would ask me out on a date, but he never did. At college I learned to play guitar to Wonderwall.

"Oasis were everything I loved about pop music. They could express emotions with the most simple song structures. They had the kind of brash attitude I could completely relate to."

The Champagne Supernova hitmakers are yet to confirm plans for the future, but reports suggest Liam is auditioning for a replacement for his brother and intends to continue with the band.

Source: www.contactmusic.com

No comments