Breaking News

The Office's Rainn Wilson: Ryan Adams Should Join Oasis



I don’t normally pay attention to the Twitter musings of actors, but we need to keep a keen eye on The Office’s Rainn Wilson because the guy’s attempting to meddle in music for the second time in recent memory and last time Weezer ended up with a quite unfortunate album title. As we all know by now, Noel Gallagher has quit Oasis following a last straw row with his brother, Liam, and the band has split. Here’s what Wilson had to tweet on the subject:

“Liam. You should grab Ryan Adams. He does y’alls songs better.” He then posted a link to Adams’ Grammy-nominated cover of “Wonderwall,” by Oasis.

I’m sure he’s joking, but nerdy rockers are sometimes powerless against Wilson’s charms. Here’s what Rivers Cuomo said just the other day on how Weezer named their 7th LP (via Pitchfork): [Rainn Wilson] has a super-rock persona. When it came time to find a title for the Weezer album, I asked him what he thought the ultimate album title would be, and he said ‘Raditude.’”

A collaboration between Ryan Adams and one of the Gallagher brothers wouldn’t be that random actually, as Adams did join Oasis for a successful (read: drama-free) tour last year, but he seems like more of a Noel man to me. I’ll spare you my opinion, but once I’m on a hit show, I’ll be tweeting all about it.

Source: www.twentyfourbit.com

No comments