Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On The Teenage Cancer Trust Gigs And More

















Noel Gallagher was on TalkSport - Sports Bar at 9.30pm instead of the scheduled 9.00pm as he had been watching Coronation Street which he had missed during the week as “I was out busy being brilliant.”

Here is some of the interview, as soon as it is on YouTube etc I will look it up.

Andy Goldstein said he had looked quite overwhelmed with the crowd response he had received at the gigs,

Noel: “Really? Eh, its kinda like you spend two weeks rehearsing it all and its all quite serene, and its like, I don’t know, very angelic and all that and then you get there and its just like a football match.”

Was there a part of you that was slightly nervous?

Noel: “None more than usual, Ive done that gig so many times with an acoustic guitar, but no, there wasn’t any... I know the way its been written up in the press is like it was gonna be the re-birth or something but it wasn’t, I didn’t figure it was. Those charity things are kind of a unique night out and you just play the songs that people wanna hear and hopefully everybody goes and has a good time, and there you go, you raise a bit of money and every ones a winner.”

Did you enjoy it as much as you did at Wembley? More so?

Noel: “No no, I enjoyed it equally as much, I enjoy all the gigs that I do, whether they be in stadiums or little clubs, they are all great or I wouldn’t do it.”

Do you think some of your songs sound better acoustically, and if so which ones?

Noel: “Wonderwall.”

Would you rather have released them in that manner?

Noel: “No, no, Wonderwall’s been released now, its done, when you go in the studio you just do the best that you can on that day, that's what records are, they're a record of where you were at at that point when you were in the studio, do you know what I mean? Songs evolve over the years, don’t they?, and you’ll find something in songs five years after they've come out that you didn’t realise was there in the first place, with kinda Wonderwall and stuff like that and its quite a nice surprise, I think, but its all good, all the records are good, I don’t mind.”

The jeans looked good, Noel, were you happy with them?

Noel: “They're actually really old jeans, they’re old school.”

Do you go to the gym at all, do you keep fit?

Noel: “Eh, I do keep fit, I have to go because Ive got a, Ive got a.... no, I don’t wanna tell you what Ive got cos Ill sound like an old man!”

Anything to do with what was in the papers the other day, when that idiot threw you off stage?

Noel: “No, no, no, no, no, I fell down the stairs when I was younger... I have to say it was party related and so I have to do bits and bobs for my little old back.”

You mentioned yesterday you had a bit of a hangover, how big was big Friday?

Noel: “It was terrific, Saturday was horrific but Friday night was a good night, yeah. “

What time did it finish?

Noel: “Eh, 4, half 4... well, Ive got kids and all that stuff so I had to get in for them, but I was alright cos Sara’s pregnant so she kinda came home early.”

That's a bonus, yeah, she drives now?

Noel: “Ive never had a driving license. Ive never even had a lesson.”

I bet you have owned a car.

Noel: “Ive got four cars. Ive got a Rolls Royce, Ive got a Jaguar Mk 2 1967, Ive got a black Range Rover, Ive got a Audi Q5 and a Volkswagon Golf!”

Does your missus get a chance to drive the Jag or is that just your pride and joy?

Noel: “I had that made when I was out of it once and I was thinking by the time that's made Ill have easily passed the test and they delivered it a year later and I hadn’t even taken a lesson, and I forgot ordering it.”

Do you think you'll ever learn?

Noel: “No, I haven’t got that gene, I'm more interested in collecting guitars and sunglasses and kinda cars are not my thing, really.”

When you say collecting sunglasses, do you mean old ones from the ‘60s?

Noel: “No, no, any old nonsense will do me.”

Is the Rolls Royce anything to do with the Be Here Now album?

Noel: “No, its not that one, my record company bought it for me in ’96, just after the royalties from Morning Glory started coming in." "The five of us went into this room and they gave me a Rolls Royce and they gave the other four a watch each!”

How did you get away with that?

Noel: “Because I was more brilliant than any of the other....and they said, ‘but you lot can have a watch’, and I was, ‘hahahaha....oh dear, well it paid off in the end, didn’t it?, all those nights sitting up writing those tunes while you lot were having it in the bar.'”

Noel also spoke about football: why he believes Man City will qualify for the Champions League and “justice will be done” with West Ham being relegated, nights out with Gordon Smart: How he gave Smart the David Beckham aftershave he won at a pub quiz which he then drank!, how Sara is “great” and comments on the Dr Octagon sample made for him!

Thanks to Dougie for the transcript.

No comments