Breaking News

Alan Mcgee Doesn't Recall Too Much About The Year He Discovered Oasis


















Alan Mcgee doesn't recall too much about the year he discovered Oasis - at Glasgow's King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, in 1993.

"The drugs had moved on and were a lot harder by then," he said. "I recall signing Oasis but I barely remember anything else.

"In 1994, I recall being in LA during an earthquake. I remember flying to Japan and the Japanese media thinking I managed The Clash. I don't know if I ever really came back the same person after all that."

The Battle of Britpop also remains a blur. Alan said: "Ninety three was my lost year, I was already bad. Primal Scream were out of their minds then Noel and Liam arrived on my doorstep with Bonehead. It was like, turn the meter up full.

"Noel thinks I am a lightweight because I copped out after a year or two. What he doesn't know is that I had been hammering it on a nuclear level since 1988."

Oasis went on to sell 12 million copies of their debut album, 1994's Definitely Maybe, and over 20 million copies of the following year's (What's the Story) Morning Glory? - ensuring the label's success long-term.

Alan said: "I came out of rehab sober, put on Wonderwall and thought, 'We're going to sell 10 million'. I was wrong - we sold 21 million.

Read the full interview here.

Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk

No comments