Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Beady Eye's Debut Album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding'



















Liam Gallagher has spoken about Beady Eye's eagerly anticipated debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' that is released on 28th February 2011 on Beady Eye Records. The album features 13 brand new songs written by the band and was recorded at RAK Studios in the autumn of 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite.

The Beady Eye front man told Uncut that the album is "all brand new" and that "It's really rocking in places and really psychedelic in places" he described it as "colourful" and not "black and white".

He added: "There's a couple of great tunes on there. One called 'Morning Sun' that closes the album. It's a bit Mind Games by Lennon. A lot of strings kind of stuff. There's a tune called "Wigwam" which is probably about drinking too much and gambling. And then it veers off into something else. I'm winging it, mate. You won't get me talking about Oscar Wilde or all that bollocks. I'm just writing the first thing that comes into my head".

Speaking on how the band work together he said that "Gem does his thing, Andy does his thing and I do my thing. Then we all demo them and work on the songs together. I write on guitar. Or... I barely write on guitar. I've got a guitar in the house on its last legs, man. I sit round and play the guitar 'til I get bored. Then I go for a walk. Try to get some lyrics down and away we go".

No comments