Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Talks About Returning To Ireland











Liam Gallagher has teamed up with former Oasis band mates Andy Bell, Chris Sharrock and Gem Archer to form Beady Eye and they're coming to Ireland.

Ahead of the release of their debut album 'Different Gear, Still Speeding' and their two Olympia gigs, Beady Eye spoke to RTÉ TEN.

Given his Irish roots when asked how Gallagher felt about playing here again, he said: "I love Ireland, Ireland is top. I love going there and having a good time and that.

"I can't wait to get back there and play some gigs and having the craic!"

When asked if the line 'Life is too short not to forgive' in new track 'Kill for a Dream' is a little throw-back to the rift between brothers Liam and Noel that ultimately led to the dissolution of Oasis, Bell said: "It's a true line, whatever situation it came out of, it still applies to a lot of situations, that's what I was getting at."

Noel wrote most of Oasis's songs and the spotlight is now on Liam since he has picked up the pen alongside Gem and Andy.

There were reports recently that he told a curious fan who asked about his lyrics that he'd no idea what they meant.

He said: "Well I know I haven't got a clue what I'm on about. I think Andy knows what he's talking about but believe you me, I have no idea what I'm on about. I am winging it, big style."

Read the full interview in next week's RTÉ Guide, which is available from Monday 28 February.

'Different Gear, Still Speeding' is released on Friday 25 February ahead of their concerts in the Olympia on Thursday 14 and Friday 15 April.

Source: www.rte.ie

Visit my newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com by clicking here.

No comments