Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Would Rather Eat Shit Then Play Guitar On Stage















PART TWO OF THE TRANSLATION OF THE INTERVIEW WITH BEADY EYE FROM OOR MAGAZINE.

BIG THANKS TO L4E MEMBER GENERAL DREAD FOR THE TRANSLATION.


You have proven yourself as a great songwriter ever since your first song on SOTSOG?

Well I don't walk around with a gun on people head and force them to listen to my songs. Sometimes people say: Hey that's a nice song, than I think well thanks. I like that. But I still have a long way to go. The words, those are the hardest. Melodies come easy. They're coming out of me ass. But I never know what I want to say.

They still chose you instead of the other way around?

Yeah mate, it goes as it goes. So much happens around you that I'm not going to break my head in coming up with melodies. When I like something I will do something with it. Music finds you if it had to be that way. If you go looking for it, it will fail.

Is there a certain mood or situation in which the songs find you?

I have to be home, alone. Wife out of the house, kids to school. My guitar will look at me and say come over here. That are the moments. I write the words down as they come to me at that moment. Finishing a song in one go never works for me.. finishing sometimes takes months. But I'm learning little by little.

Are you going to play guitar on stage?
I'd rather eat my own shit. I hate when singers do that. And even more so when front men do it. Daltrey, Jagger even Ashcroft. Leave the guitar alone man! Go sing! It looks idiotic, you can better smash it to pieces.

The record opens with Four Letter Word, a song with striking lyrics: Nothing ever lasts forever. Is that a mission statement?

Maybe, it gets people thinking: what is that four letter word? Is it love? Is it vagina? It can be anything. I think its a great opener, a tune with balls. That's why its the opener. That's something Oasis had lost: balls. And what replaced it? Ballads. More and more ballads where needed. Rubbish. Fucking kick it there, mate! What is better than a mega opener? We're a rock and roll band, I want to make noise, not sing love songs. Now and then is fine, but not as a main thing.Beady Eye is 90% rock. That's a bigger percentage than Oasis was these last years.

Nice that it is Beatles and Stones instead of Beatles or Stones

Its always been both for me, both bands are brilliant. Both bands stood the test of time. Both were able to maintain popularity and quality if if its one goal I have is to do the same. I still listen to both bands today. I wish I was in their band, they are that great. The only other bands I have the same feelings to are The Who and The Kinks. Ray Davies lives in my area, I bump into him every now and again. He's a top geezer. A lot of respect for the man. I want to be able to say in 30 years I wish I could be in Beady Eye. Instead of mwahh, they're alright. That is the point. I'm trying to make something monumental, somethings that beats the test of time. I don't want to make dated music, then everything would have been for nothing.

What tune is the first you put on from either bands?

Jumping Jack Flash. That's what I wake up to and within minutes I'm up for it. Everyday. Fucking tune, man. I love it.

The record sounds like a melting pot of styles and influences, everyone known your connection with the classic British pop legends. Do you have influences which we wouldn't expect?


No man, I'm pretty simple. Sixties and seventies, and that's it. And I am happy with it, I'm not interested in the rest.

Do you follow the younger music scene in England?

No, no interest. It's not about the music or writing. Leaves me cold. And if there is anything good out there it will reach me anyway. I'm not going to hunt for it. The bands I need to know I will know believe me. You come across a lot of bands on the road and the festivals. With Beady Eye we're going to be between the younger bands.

Will you fit in?

I hope not. We don't want to be a trendy band, we're a real band. We'll show them with their trendy music. Songs, guys! Where are the fucking tunes? There will be bands that are real which I haven't heard yet. But give me some classics. There is enough to be found in the past. To discover an old band is new music for me.

You send Noel a Christmas wish?

True, its the time of year to kind to one another right?

No other contact?

No, not interested either.

Are you curious what he thinks of your record?

No, he will follow us. The other guys still see him, but that's something I don't want to hear about. I know how Noels record will sound like. You've all heard it already. No bad, probably not. But it will be more of the same. A bit psychedelic, a bit classic Britpop. He will have to sing the whole record... Fucking hell! Can you listen to him for an hour? Noel Gallagher brings Noel Gallagher. I give you Beady Eye. I would chose the latter.. D'you know what I mean?

Visit my newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com by clicking here.

No comments