Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Told By Brother Liam That Oasis Is Over For Good




















Liam Gallagher has a Beady Eye on the future... and revealed there is no way back for Oasis.

The singer said his new band are so fired up that they are stockpiling songs for a new album just days after the release of debut Different Gear, Still Speeding.

He even boasts there has never been a single moment when he wished Oasis had not split in Paris in 2009.

A defiant Liam told me: "I'm megaexcited about this new record. It's out. I like it. People are liking it. I can't think as far back as the release of Definitely Maybe in 1994 but I don't think I could buzz any more.

"I don't live to regret anything. I'm in the best band since Oasis so how can I regret it?

"I'd regret it if I was in some s*** band but we're the b******s. We're No.1 in Japan, by the way."

Beady Eye played their triumphant first gigs at Barrowland in Glasgow last week.

Liam, Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Chris Sharrock will now also headline Edinburgh Corn Exchange on April 18 and can't wait to play T In The Park.

Liam told me how he realised his musical future lay elsewhere as he clashed backstage with brother Noel in Paris.

He said: "When I told our kid to go and stand behind his big security guard - and he's smashed my gear up and I've smashed his gear up - that's when I thought, 'It's over'.

"We've had fights in the past. I was sick arguing and not being listened to. We were both sick of each other. There's more to life than me, him and Oasis.

"We obviously don't get on so we decided to go our separate ways and here we are."

Gem and Andy say they were powerless to step in between the warring brothers.

"They were very private at ripping each other's throats out," Gem said.

"It always gets blown out of proportion. The good times outweighed the bad times. They were mega."

Andy added: "I felt that as both of their mates, it was between the two of them. It wasn't my place to do that. It was between the brothers."

Liam pitched in: "He'd have got told to f*** off anyway. It's a personal thing, man. It wasn't about the band, it was about me and him.

"I'd have done exactly the same if Andy had been in a band with his brother. It's none of my business."

Different Gear, Still Speeding features first singles Bring The Light and The Roller plus standout tracks Four Letter Word, Millionaire and Kill For A Dream. The band defended their refusal to play any Oasis hits in their live set.

Andy told me: "We've known all along this album is going to be the basis of our live set.

"It's been like that from day one. It just doesn't seem right to play those songs without Noel there.

"He wrote most of those classic tunes. That's what Oasis was."

Gem agreed, saying: "We're only playing Beady Eye music. We love the record. Everything is brand new.

"It's a damn fine band. It's not like we're just topping up a set we've been playing for 10 years. We're playing everything we've got more or less.

"It's not like we're on the run from the past but it's a time to say, 'Look, this is where we are. It's a great place to be'.

"There's always songs in our head.

We're working on new music with ideas and titles buzzing around.

"We're dripping in it at the moment. The more we do, the more we want to do." Liam loves his new musical direction. He said: "We wanted to see if there was any magic there.

"We went into a studio and wrote a couple of tunes and thought: 'That sounds amazing'. So we wrote more and soon had six great songs.

"If the spirit had not been there, who knows what we'd be doing.

"I'd have been honest enough to walk away, without a doubt.

"You can't invent the magic ... it's either there or it isn't."

Source: www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Visit my newly launched Beady Eye fan site www.standingontheedgeofthenoise.com by clicking here.

No comments