Breaking News

Alan McGee Talks Oasis













Taken from an interview with Alan Mcgee, read the full article here.

Alan on when Oasis played T In The Park in 1994.

He smiles: "Oasis played one of their best ever shows at the first T In The Park back in 1994.

"To this day the Gallagher brothers don't know I was actually there - they thought I was drying out in rehab.

"But I made it in time to sneak in with my sister Susan. It was the first time I'd seen them clean and sober - they were still great."

On trying to arrange a pay-per-view Oasis gig.

I even tried to set up a pay-per-view Oasis gig in Antarctica. We'd have sold it around the world for £10 a ticket.

"It would have easily made us £50m for just one gig. But Noel didn't fancy the cold."

On Oasis in the US.

Oasis also failed to break America, but Alan disagrees: "They did in a sales way - shifting eight to 10m records in the States. But you're right - there weren't American kids walking about like Liam, like there were over here."

Alan - whose documentary Upside Down: The Creation Records Story is out now on DVD - says: "My daughter hates Oasis and all the whole Britpop era. She now tortures me with Glee.

"But I'm fine with that. I once said to Noel Gallagher, 'I will always be known as the Oasis guy'.

"And he replied, 'Same here - but it could be worse, you could have been the guy who discovered The Darkness'."

Source: www.thescottishsun.co.uk

No comments