Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Once Woke Up In Bed With Steve Coogan














Rock wildman Liam Gallagher has confessed he's quit booze after 20 years on the sauce - and been sober for six months.

And the 38-year-old - who hit fame singing Oasis hits like Champagne Supernova and Cigarettes & Alcohol - reckons being on the wagon has improved his voice.

He says it has made it softer and more mellow on his new Beady Eye tracks.

Liam said: "If I have a drink, I'll be on the Christmas special. I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve. I'm having a bit of a break. I went 20 years drinking and messing about. It's rubbish.

"At Knebworth I thought we were doing one night and we were doing two. I got that mashed on the first I woke up to a knock on the door and thought I was at home. I forgot all about it. But I had to go and do it again. That was heavy."

But despite the lifestyle change Liam, who says his new favourite tipple is ginger ale, still hasn't ended his feud with older brother and ex-bandmate Noel.

He admitted the rift is so deep he wasn't even invited to Noel's wedding to Sara McDonald last month.

Liam said: "I wouldn't have gone anyway. I was busy. If I had I'd have had a drink and it would have gone pear-shaped. It would've been like Dynasty."

In his 1990s heyday, Liam's drinking was so bad he once woke up in bed with Alan Partridge star Steve Coogan, who yelled out his "Ah-Ha!" catchphrase.

Liam tells Alan Carr: Chatty Man - tonight at 10 on Channel 4: "I woke up next to Coogan. Nothing happened though."

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments