Breaking News

Listen Again To Noel Gallagher's Interview From XFM













Noel's told Xfm his other half hasn't been as complimentary about his new stuff as you'd expect...

Noel Gallagher's solo debut album - released under the moniker Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - is out October 17.

Noel explained that he decided to release under the extended title after being inspired by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.

"I thought, Ah! What if I was Noel Gallagher's... something," he explained.

"And then maybe a month passed and I was looking through something and there's a song by Jefferson Airplane called High Flying Birds. And that name jumped out. I had a bit of a eureka moment, so I wrote it down. I thought, that looks really cool. I doesn't mean anything, you know?"

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds has just announced three live dates for October - Dublin Olympia Theatre (23), Edinburgh Usher Hall (27) and London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (29) - where many fans will get to hear the new material for the first time.

Noel's told Xfm that the reaction from "the people who need to hear it" has all been positive so far.

"I literally wouldn't be putting it out if it was not the best that I could do at that point. Whether my circle of friends like it or not is irrelevant," he continued.

And he hasn't made the often repeated musician mistake of surrounding himself with sycophants, "I've got to say, my missus is not the biggest fan of anything I've ever done ever. She's a bit like... meh. It's not Kasabian, is it? Do you know what I mean?"

He went on to explain, "There's one on the new album she really doesn't like. The last track. When she saw the track listing, she said "Oh, you've not included that bloody song have you?" Someone might like it. She's from Scotland, I know my place. She's more Northern than I am."

Listen to the interview here.

Source: www.xfm.co.uk

No comments