Breaking News

Bonehead And Pete MacLeod Live Date In Newcastle And More


Pete MacLeod and former Oasis band member Bonehead, have announced an acoustic show on December the 10TH, 2011, at Newcastle's Riverside venue. Speaking of the show and Pete's music Bonehead said, "I first heard about Pete's music through Alan Mcgee's recommendation back in 2008 and followed his progress. I really liked what I heard with his songwriting and vocals. I think Alan mentioned this to Pete and through that we got talking about working together. We then did a UK/Irish acoustic tour together with me playing on all of Pete's songs and that was top! We had a right good laugh and the songs sounded great, we both really enjoyed it. His recent single, Rolling Stone, is a GREAT tune and I'm really looking forward to Newcastle in December." Speaking of the acoustic show Pete said, "I love playing acoustic gig's and I found in LA that there are many venues that are built for that purpose. When you play an intimate venue or show with everyone listening, nothing beats it. I guess it's a songwriter thing? At the end of the day without my acoustic guitar I wouldn't have any songs. That's where they all come from and I think it's good to keep it simple like that. Having Bonehead playing on my songs again is great. He's done it all and still has a passion for new music. He's one of the good guy's and I'm really looking forward to joining up with him again for the gig in Newcastle."

After performing a solo acoustic show at Glasgow's King Tut's in 2010, Pete realised he had some musician friends gathering around him for general support. Little did Pete know at the time that it was all beginning to fit into a fateful line-up. "I started to acknowledge that I had a few friend's around me when I came back from the Los Angeles. Fergy, bass player (Cancerian), guitarist Kev Donnelly (Cancerian) and guitarist Pedro (Cancerian). All three musician's were in previous band's with me at different times in the past. Not knowing if I was going to form a band again, I allowed things to develop naturally and let time go on to see if this was indeed the right path for me." The three musician's were keen to be involved musically again with Pete but he wasn't convinced just yet if that was the right thing for him to do, as it's a tried and tested road he has been on before. The band went into the rehearsal studios listening to Pete's song's and performing it by ear with several different drummers to see how thing's felt. Thing's weren't working out for various reasons and Pete had accepted that this was to be the way fate had turned out, until he had heard of young drummer and local musician, Martin Johnston's talent's. After a chat on the phone with the conversation ending on asking Martin what his star sign was and Martin replying "Cancerian, why?", Pete began to realise that this was to be fate's handling in some weird way. (It also turns out Martin's family actually worked with Pete's Dad back in the day, small World). The band went into rehearsals in Glasgow and played Pete's songs with the outcome being very impressive. After a few weeks of rehearsals Pete wondered if he should name the band or not. "I'm a Leo, so I thought about calling the band Leo and The Cancerian's but decided not to risk being sued by Leo Sayer and so I left it for a few day's. I then looked at it again after I typed it into my iPhone and noticed that the star sign LEO was already in my name!" Pete MacLEOd & The Cancerian's. Pete named his previous band thestar69. He got a tattoo on his arm when he was 22 with the ying yang and the 6 and 9 in the circle instead of the dot's. Weirdly, 6 and 9 is the Cancerian's symbol. It just might be that some thing's are in the stars...

Pete and his band, (Pete MacLEOd & The Cancerian's), will be swapping Hollywood for Kirkwood over the next two months as they prepare to perform a monthly residency at local bar The Eagle Inn on September 30TH and October 28TH. They will then be playing in Newcastle's Riverside on the 11TH of November and a headline Christmas show @ King Tut's, Glasgow, on the 23RD of December. This will be the first time that Pete has ever performed in the place he grew up, having spent all of his childhood in Kirkwood. You can follow Pete's progress on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.

All dates of Pete's tour are below:

September 30th, Pete MacLeod & The Cancerian's LIVE @ The Eagle Inn, Coatbridge. www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001254914501

October 28th, Pete Macleod & The Cancerian's LIVE @ The Eagle Inn, Coatbridge. www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001254914501

November 11th, Pete MacLeod & The Cancerian's LIVE @ Riverside, Newcastle. www.riversidenewcastle.co.uk (FOR TICKET'S)

December 10th, Pete MacLeod & Bonehead LIVE @ Riverside, Newcastle. www.riversidenewcastle.co.uk (FOR TICKET'S)

December 23rd, Pete MacLeod & The Cancerian's LIVE @ King Tut's, Glasgow. www.kingtuts.co.uk (FOR TICKET'S)

Further information on Pete and his work is available on:
www.petemacleodmusic.com
www.myspace.com/petesolomusic

No comments