Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: 'My Album Is The Best Collection Of Songs I've Written For A Long Fuc*ing Time'


Noel Gallagher has told NME his forthcoming solo album is "the best collection of songs I've written for a long fucking time".

The former Oasis man, whose recent single 'The Death Of You And Me' charted at Number 15, said he is happy with how his new material has been received so far. "I know that this is the most concise, literal and lyrical album I've written for a long time and that says more about me as a songwriter because it's all me, apart from the drums and some of the keyboards," he said

This week's NME cover star also recently told us in a video you can watch here that he thinks rock'n'roll is "dead" at the moment. He added: "[The state of rock'n'roll is] really fucking bad now but when it's bad there's someone somewhere like Ian Brown, Liam or Bobby Gillespie or a songwriter like me who can retell the story.

"That's all rock 'n' roll is; retelling this great fucking story. Music snobs will think when this band come along that its all been done before, but it's only a story that needs retelling for a new generation. Rock'n'roll is gone at the minute but it'll never die because Neil Young said so."

To read more on Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, his current obsession with the Apple iPad and the state of music get the new issue of NME, which is on UK newsstands now (September 27) or available digitally.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments