Breaking News

Alan McGee Defends Oasis Memorabilia Auction













Former Creation Records boss says he 'can't be arsed with music anymore'

Alan McGee has explained why he is selling off a collection of music memorabilia which includes a host of Oasis items.

The former Creation Records boss said he is selling off goods he collected since 1983 when he set up his former label, because he "can't be arsed with music anymore".

He explained: As I have said many times before – I can't be arsed with music anymore. I moved to Wales to get away from it, why would I want it in my basement? As for my financial situation – on last count I have five big houses so I think I'll be ok in my old age.

McGee also confirmed that the Omega Rock And Roll auction would be the first of many to come.

Many of the items for sale at the event, which takes place at Omega House in Stockport on November 5, relate to Creation bands, such as a one-off print of Noel Gallagher, taken before the release of 'Be Here Now' and signed by photographer Jill Furmanovsky.

Other Oasis items include a collection of tour itineraries, books signed by McGee, a number of backstage passes and a certificate from the Liverpool Institute Of Performing Arts.

The most expensive item, which McGee bought in 2007, is a John Squire painting in oil and wax called 'Jesus And Mary', in which The Stone Roses guitarist attempted to visually emulate some of the Creation band's sounds through the use of splattered paint.

For more information on the sale, go to the website of Omega Auctions.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments