Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: I'm Perfect For X Factor











Noel Gallagher has revealed he would have made the perfect judge for the X Factor - after correctly predicting the final 16.

The star turned down Simon Cowell's request to join the panel, but said he had no real objection to the show.

In an interview with Real Radio Yorkshire, he said: "I don't mind the X Factor, I've got an 11-year-old daughter; she's obsessed with it as all 11-year-old girls are.

"I was watching it on Saturday actually, and I managed to pick everybody they put through to the live finals."

In the interview, to be broadcast on Saturday morning, Gallagher tells presenter Daryl Denham he had a personal invitation from Cowell to be an X Factor judge.
"I know him and he was going 'we want you to be on it', I was going 'you don't really want me on it - I won't put anyone through, and I can't have people round my house crying in the kitchen when I don't put them through because they'll frighten the cat'. And the cat can't be frightened."

Guitarist Gallagher, who releases his first solo album, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, later this month, said his daughter Anais was upset when he refused to do the ITV1 show.

"She went into a rage when she found out I'd turned it down."
"So we're watching it Saturday night and I was saying 'that fat idiot - he's rubbish, get him off'. And she looked at me and she gave me a withering look and said 'well, you could have told him that yourself, couldn't you?' And I was like oh ... get to bed."

But he added that he would not reconsider. "No, no, no it's not for me, no, I couldn't," Gallagher said.

Source: The Press Association

No comments