Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Everbody's On The Run











Noel Gallagher has told the current issue of the NME his thoughts on each track from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds debut album.

This is what Noel had to say about the albums opener 'Everybody's On The Run'.

"It was always going to be the opener on the album. It's the kind of track that people would end a record on, but I've got three of those songs in 'Everybody's On The Run', 'Stop The Clocks' and 'Record Machine'. So I was forced to split them up, and I thought this would be a great way to kick off, that's like putting your fu*king cards on the table and saying 'This is going to be a fu*king album'. The whole album has got the narrative of escape, hope and love, and it sets the album up as somebody saying 'I've gotta get out of this situation, or out of this town, or out of this city.' When I was doing the strings, I said to the girl who does my string arrangements: 'I want it to sound like Ennio Morricone, and all the string players had to be women,' and she thought I was a bit of a perv. I was like 'No, no, they play strings a lot sexier than men.' She said it doesn't make any difference, but I said, 'I need to fuc*king know it's women playing it' So we did the strings and choir the first night at Abbey Road, which was a bit of a moment."

Check out this week's magazine for the full article

Source: NME Magazine

1 comment

frjdoasis said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhxk6uEvNEM

TDOYAM is expected to surface too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXx91qWlggY

The Rocket, this week IIHAG is "the most interesting new tune"