Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On The High Flying Birds, Liam, Oasis And More













It's virtually impossible to prepare for an interview with Noel Gallagher.

The former Oasis songwriter's notoriously tack-sharp mind can veer between seemingly disconnected topics in a second. It's best to sit there and do your best to keep up.

During an hour with the man known to those who work with him as The Chief, he discusses his new album, his friend David Walliams, his recent Radio 2 show, his plans for a new gameshow, The Beatles, Manchester City and last, but definitely not least, his beloved brew.

"If I'd known you didn't drink Yorkshire tea, I'd never have agreed to this interview," he says with mock horror. "As any tea-maker knows, it's the only bag."

Gallagher's debut solo album, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, was released earlier this week. The story behind the title? "So I wouldn't freak out when I saw it written down. The High Flying Birds don't exist, but I couldn't just be 'Noel Gallagher'," he explains, adding he took the name from High Flying Bird, a song by Sixties psychedelic rockers Jefferson Airplane.

A tour begins in Dublin on October 23 although, not to put a downer on things, the 44-year-old isn't really looking forward to the occasion.

"I wouldn't say I was excited. I'm not excited about anything, really, except the Manchester derby, which is the same day as the tour starts," he says, referring to Manchester City's forthcoming clash with red rivals United.

"'Ready' is the word, I'd say. I'm ready for what's about to happen, which is a lot of graft. I'm a level down from excited. If excited is green, then I'm definitely amber, but not red."

Read the full article here.

Source: www.halesowennews.co.uk

No comments