Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Life After Oasis














The former Oasis frontman talks about his drama-free debut album and shows unexpected support for Matt Cardle.

He'll forever be associated with Oasis and his brother Liam, but Noel Gallagher has left the group and at-times troubled familial relationships behind. His new album Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds is out now and to mark its release a collection of photos taken by Lawrence Watson during its development are being exhibited in London. Noel talks about how it felt to record his debut album and why he wants only good things for The X Factor's Matt Cardle.

How did you find the experience of recording this album?

I found it very peaceful. No moaning, no sulking; everybody arrived on time, everybody left on time. No coffee drinkers either.

Why did you allow Lawrence to photograph you throughout the process?

I'm not sure I ever did. Lawrence has always been around when I've been in the studio. It wouldn't be the same without him to be honest, so it didn’t’ feel like there was anything out of the ordinary going on. He did decide to grow a beard early doors, though, so I could tell how long I was taking to make the record by looking at his ginger beard. Have you seen it? It really should be in the Tate.

Do you feel under more pressure with this release than with your previous albums?

No more or less than usual.

What are the main changes you've noticed in the music industry since you started?

The music business is in a constant state of flux and has been for over a decade now; the rules that apply now will not apply this time next year. It keeps you on your toes if nothing else.

In his review for The Telegraph, Neil McCormack described the album as a "kinder, gentler... freer in spirit, broader in outlook". Do you agree and does that reflect your mood these days?

Ha! Well I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion. Even Neil McCormack.

What do you do to relax?

Chance would be a fine thing! I have 3 kids and a cat and a busy, noisy house. I get more time to relax when I'm working.

What are your favourite places in London?

That's a tricky one. I'm not a tourist so I probably don't appreciate it as much as I should. I really need to get out more!

You and Matt Cardle have been in competition for the number one spot in this week's charts. Is it important to you to come out on top?

The charts are only relevant when you're top of them! So I'll tell you on Sunday, but I think it's only fair that Matt Cardle takes the number one spot. I’ve had about nine of them already so we have to spread the wealth!

Lawrence Watson Photographs Noel Gallagher is on show at the Londonewcastle Project Space, 28 Redchurch Street, London E2 7DP, from October 27 to November 13.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk

No comments