Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: Everyone Loves Mario Balotlli













Noel Gallagher says it's tough not being part of Oasis anymore, but the prospect of Manchester City dominating for the next few decades more than makes up for it!

The driving force behind one of the greatest British bands ever, the former Oasis man is currently soaring high after his aptly named debut solo album 'High Flying Birds' reached number one in October.

Despite his own personal success, Noel says he still misses being part of the band, but added that being a part of City's success would be a fair trade.

"One balances out the other really," he told Soccer AM.

"It's a bit of a bummer not being in the band, but I'd kinda swap that for the oncoming decades of glory we're about to enjoy!"

"I think we'd all agree that you can't fault anybody at that club at the minute," he added. "It's just amazing what's happening and the team that (Roberto Mancini) has put together.

"And we've all got Super Mario to keep us entertained! The absolute greatest living human being on the planet at the minute! He's not of this world. He's not like the rest of us.

"When he eventually leaves - like when (Kevin) Keegan left Newcastle and had to get lifted off the pitch in a helicopter - Mario's going to get fired out of a cannon and back into space where he came from! We all love him.

"The thing about him is that if he played for any other club in the country we'd all still love him, because he's a great character. And the word from City is that when they go on these kids' days, all the kids flock to him because he's like the naughty schoolboy or something.

"There's a little bit of Mario in all of us as well, because I've been sat in my bathroom sometimes thinking; it would be great to set this on fire wouldn't it!"

Hammering

On the pitch Balotelli and City have enjoyed one their best starts to a season ever, including a 6-1 hammering of City rivals Manchester United.

The win in October will go down in the club's folklore and Gallagher revealed nothing could distract him from that game - even finding out his album had reached number one in the charts!

"I gotta say when the fourth, fifth, and sixth went in I was on my knees in front of the telly," he said.

"And at that moment I got a phone call to say that my album had dropped in at number one and I couldn't have been more underwhelmed at that! I was like whatever! We've got six!"

After the success of his first solo album Noel has suggested another is in the pipeline as he intends on collaborating with Amorphous Androgynous.

But he admits being on stage by himself after two decades with Oasis still feels a little strange.

"The bit in the studio was easier and I enjoyed that because you can work at your own pace," he said.

"The bit on stage was a bit weird at the start because I'm not a natural show-off frontman, I'm more of a grumpy old fella! I've had to get used to that but I'm enjoying it.

"When I was in rehearsal I was thinking what am I going to do and I thought people are not going to come and see me because I'm Mick Jagger or I behave like Mick Jagger.

"They're going to come and listen to the music and as long as I've got the songs I'll be alright. And people seem to like it. And I like being me, you know what I mean? I wouldn't want to be anyone else!"

Source: www.socceram.com

1 comment

Anonymous said...

number one but in UK...