Breaking News

Noel Gallagher 'Sure I Played In Croker Too Lads'













Noel Gallagher proudly held a Dubs jersey and recalled his childhood games at Croke Park as he charmed the Late Late audience with tales of his sporting prowess as a youngster.

The former Oasis member was thrilled when three members of the All Ireland winning squad handed him his own Dublin football jersey.

Noel was presented with a shirt by Eamonn Fennell, Michael Fitzsimons and Declan Lally.

In his first interview on the RTE programme in 15 years, the singer-songwriter recalled his days as a GAA player growing up and playing at Croke Park.

"I used to play ... with a team from Manchester. We were the under 14, 16 and 18 champions," the star revealed.

"I have no idea what position but we were called Oisins and we came to Dublin to play exhibition games against some Dublin teams in Croke Park. We were hammered though, but I scored a point and there is even a photograph of me somewhere scoring the point," he added.

The chart-topper (44), who has been announced as a special guest for the highly anticipated Red Hot Chili Peppers gig in Croker this summer, opened up about his days with Oasis and admitted that he misses performing in front of thousands in huge stadiums.

"There's not a lot of people who get to stand in front of 70,000 people, it's hard to describe, to see a sea of people is indescribable.

"I don't look back on those days and think I'd like to be doing that. I like to look to the the future.

"Liam asked me to manage Oasis at one point and I told him to go f*** himself. I'm not manager material. I didn't particularly want to join the band in the first place. I really fell into it."

The musician, who has an Irish background, also spoke of the band's famous break up and going out on his own.

"I was sad about the way that ended. It ended with shouting and swearing, fruit being thrown around the dressing room.

"There was chaos in the dressing room like it was the end of the world."

The dad-of-three added that his wife Sara McDonald pushed him into recording his solo album, after announcing the news that she was pregnant.

Source: www.herald.ie

No comments