Breaking News

Beady Eye Release Another New Mix













I put this mixtape together for my own entertainment towards the end of the last Beady Eye tour. It got a few plays backstage after gigs on the last UK dates, (I remember it being on after a fantastic gig in Blackpool with Hippy Mafia) and then I passed it on to Pretty Green when they asked me for some music to use this Spring in their stores and online. DJ Shadow and Stereolab tunes feature heavily as I was listening to them a lot at the time. One of the DJ Shadow tracks is a really short segment of a much longer live mix CD called Brainfreeze, which I picked up in Melbourne a few years ago - in other words, that's not me scratching it's DJ Shadow haha... get hold of the CD if you can, it's cool. (Also, the intro comes from aDJ Shadow single called High Noon). The first track, which gives the mixtape it's name, is an old Krautrock tune, the vocals may not be to everyones taste, she kind of sounds like Grace Slick meets Johnny Rotten but the band sound amazing. The Black Crowes tune Evil Eye and The Johnny Guitar Watson track are probably familiar to anyone I've ever made a compilation tape or CD for ... no apologies at all to the taste police, who will be after me for including Joan Armatrading... she's a great acoustic guitarist and I dug that CD out after probably 20 years since I last heard it... there's a hip hop cover version of a reggae tune, there's a reggae version of a rock and roll tune... there's Beck doing Black Tambourine, which reminds me (in a good way) of the long long DJ sets I used to do at Bangers and Mash in Sweden on the nights where there was no guest DJ... that's about it. Enjoy - and thanks for listening.


Source: www.beadyeyemusic.com

No comments