Breaking News

What's Noel Gallagher Like Around The House?











Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds played Croker last night supporting Red Hot Chilli Peppers and just before his soundcheck he invited us down to the venue to announce ANOTHER gig. They’ll play Marlay Park with Kasabian on the 23rd of August. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am.

Noel told us earlier on how he once played a GAA match at Croke Park in 1983 – he was on a Manchester GAA team called Oisin’s who were competing against an Irish team and he remembers scoring a point but they were beaten by the end.

So where did Noel stay all those years ago? Was it a fancy hotel? Apparently they were put up by the team they were playing against! Noel said: “We stayed with the other team’s families. I was in Australia in January this year and I met this Irish guy on the street in Melbourne. He asked me was I in Dublin on a certain date (the time of the match) and I said yeah. He said his mam and dad had a photo of this kid and always wondered if it was me and it was. Apparently I used to eat a lot of Weetabix, hence the successful career since”.

He’s so famous across the globe but do his kids know what their dad do and would Noel let his daughter go into the music business? Noel told 98FM “My 12 year old daughter knows what I do, my 4 year old has just sussed it out but my 1 year old…well that’s just chaos. If the lads wanted to pursue a career in music, that’s great. It’s a bit tricky with girls though in the music business. They tend to get exploited more. If two lads wanted to join a band, you wouldn’t worry but with a girl, you’d always be thinking of Amy Winehouse. Girls tends to be solo artists and not very happy in my experience but I dunno, if that’s what they wanna do. I have assured them though that they’ll never be as good as me”, he joked.

Speaking of homelife, we had to ask what he’s like around the house. Noel said: “I think I’m brilliant but my wife thinks I’m useless which I guess is just the same as any other relationship that anyone else has with their wife. I don’t do a great deal. I don’t have a shed or anything like that….I don’t do any whittling, I don’t collect anything. When I finish touring, it depends what the day is like. If it’s raining, I’ll sit in and catch up on any telly that I’ve missed but I don’t really make any plans”.

So does a rock star like Noel Gallagher ever do the ironing??? Noel told 98FM :”Good lord no, I’ve got staff for that”. He joked I shouldn’t refer to my wife as staff, she’ll f*****g kill me……I iron yeah. I’ve been known to iron my own shirts from time to time”!!! Who would’ve thought it eh!

He did tell us that he has no real interest in an Oasis reunion saying it would be great for everyone else except him. He also said not to pay any attention to Liam Gallagher when he publicly talks about a reunion!

To listen to the interview click here.

Source: www.98fm.com

No comments