Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: I'm Cursed With Writing Big Singalongs













Noel Gallagher is "cursed" with writing anthems.

The former Oasis guitarist loved working on his debut solo album, 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' because he could work with choirs and orchestras to create a huge sound, and he thinks his writing style is most suited to singalong epics.

He told Q magazine: "Doing this, my heart lies in orchestration and choirs, more than just guitars. I always think big, I never think small. Then, as the album took off, 'Everybody's On The Run' is f***ing stadium massive and I'm arriving back at a familiar spot. Man, what do I do now? I'm cursed with writing big singalongs. I can't help it."

Noel believes Oasis' sound changed after Gem Archer and Andy Bell joined the band because they encouraged more of a "rock" direction.

He said: "Gem and Andy joined and essentially, at heart, they are indie kids. Liam [Gallagher] isn't arsed one way or the other.

"Also, I felt a bit like I'd done all that. When you've been that grandiose, calling a track 'All Around the World' and it's 11 minutes long and the reprise is four minutes... Gem said, 'No, we don't need that s**t', and we became more of a rock band."

Source: www.breakingnews.ie

No comments