Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Proposed To Sinead O'Connor In Amsterdam













Sinead O'Connor has revealed that she once received a marriage proposal from Noel Gallagher.

The singer's memory was jogged by an interview question from Gallagher's brother Liam, who asked her in this month's issue of Uncut magazine: "You've always been effortlessly cool. How do you manage that?"

O'Connor responded: "Oh, that's sweet. I've never seen myself as cool, but I'm flattered. Actually, Liam's brother Noel once asked me to marry him, just before he married Meg Mathews. He won't remember, as he was off his face at a festival in Amsterdam."

Continuing, O'Connor urged the Gallagher brothers to settle their differences for the sake of their mother Peggy. She said: "I am so glad to hear from Liam because I, as a mammy, am not happy that him and his brother aren't getting along well, and their poor mammy must be very upset. Tell Liam I love him and his brother and I'd like them to get on with each other. Do it for mammy's sake, yer feckers!"

Noel Gallagher wed Meg Mathews in Las Vegas in June 1997, but the pair divorced in January 2001. He subsequently married his longtime partner Sara McDonald in a private ceremony at a New Forest hotel in June 2011. Sinead O'Connor's fourth marriage, to therapist Barry Herridge, came to an end after just 17 days in January 2012.

To read the full interview with Sinead O'Connor, pick up a copy of this month's Uncut magazine, which is available on newsstands now.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments