Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: 'I'll Play With Damon Albarn At Next Year's Brit Awards'














Gallagher left bemused by this year's ceremony, asks 'where are all the rock bands?'

Noel Gallagher has said that this year's Brit Awards made him feel very old and asking the question on many people's lips; "Who the fuck is Ben Howard?"

Gallagher attended the Brits alongside Blur's Damon Albarn with the pair on hand to celebrate the success of War Child, who were handed a Special Recognition award for their services to the music industry. Speaking to The Mirror about his evening, Noel said: "I shared a table with Damon. I could see us collaborating in the future, why not? Maybe at next year's Brits." Damon Albarn was equally complimentary, saying: "Noel's a great laugh. I love him."

However, Noel was left bemused by the Brit Awards and, in particular, who the winner of Best Male and British Breakthrough Act on the night is: "I mean, who the fuck is Ben Howard? I suddenly felt very old tonight. I'd never heard of anybody. I'm sure he's brilliant but where are all the rock bands?"

Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn will share the same bill later this year at the Royal Albert Hall for a special gig raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust.

As curator of the 2013 series of gigs, Gallagher will headline London's Royal Albert Hall on March 23 next year with Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon supporting on the night. Speaking at a press conference in London in December. Noel revealed he intends to perform live with his former nemesis, saying: "They’ll be playing Blur songs, I would think. I’ll be playing mine. Will we share the stage together? I hope so. I’m up for it. It’s always good to have a little jam."

Source: www.nme.com

No comments