Breaking News

Robbie Williams On Why He Fell Out With Oasis













Robbie Williams says he fell out with Oasis in the Nineties because he wasn’t “mod” enough.

He said Liam and Noel Gallagher just suddenly stopped knocking about with him.

Liam befriended Robbie after he left Take That but it was shortlived.

Matters came to head when Robbie stormed the stage at Glastonbury during the band’s set. Noel quickly had him removed.

Robbie said: “Lad culture was a massive, massive thing. I love Oasis. I was a big fan of their music, vibe and energy.

“I happened to know them and knock about with them for a little while. I don’t think I was their cup of tea.

"At the time I think the exact words were ‘I’m not mod’, so I was sort of mates with them for a bit, then I didn’t gel with them, so we stopped hanging out, simple as that.

“Liam’s voice was the voice of a generation and Noel seemed to be writing the songs of a generation. They were our Beatles for around 18 months.

“It was very, very exciting, high-octane stuff with various substances being taken left, right and centre, models, late night rock ’n’ roll – all good fun!”

That’s all behind Robbie now, seeing as he’s a married man with a four-month-old nipper Teddy Rose.

Back in the day they would still be going as you read this...

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments