Breaking News

Ed Sheeran Explains Noel Gallagher Charity Gig Snub















Ed Sheeran has defended himself after Noel Gallagher revealed he has pulled out of a verbally-agreed charity performance.

The 'Lego House' performer agreed to play a headline set at this year's series of Teenage Cancer Trust shows, before realising that it fell on the same week as his sold-out tour in Australia.

"I actually told him I would do the gig whenever he wanted, but the week they were planned I was in Australia with gigs already booked and sold out," Sheeran tweeted.

"Had it been any other time I would have made it happen but I found this out after I'd said yes.

"I think it would be worse saying no instantly without knowing, to be honest, and I said any other time he wants to do a show and I'm not on tour, I will 100 per cent do it."

Gallagher - who curated this year's charity shows at the Royal Albert Hall - previously outed acts who had pulled out at the last minute.

"I'd talk to Ed Sheeran and Mumford & Sons... and I got let down a lot," he said. "Everybody says yes to your face.

"And then the agent will call and say, 'Ah, they're going to be in Australia at the time'. Really? Well, they never said that to me."

He added: "But if the people that blew me off but said they'll do it next year actually do, it might be the greatest event since Woodstock."

Gallagher performed with Blur's Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon for this year's events, which also saw performances from Kasabian, Labrinth and Rizzle Kicks.

Source: www.digitalspy.co.uk

No comments