Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Slams Justin Bieber














Noel Gallagher thinks Justin Bieber is ''not cool'' for making his fans wait two hours to watch him perform.

The British rocker blasted the 19-year-old popstar for being late on stage at The O2 arena in London on Monday (04.03.13), which forced thousands of disappointed young fans to leave the gig early.

Performing at Russell Brand's star-studded event 'Give It Up For Comic Relief' at Wembley Arena on Wednesday night (06.03.13), he quipped: ''I would have been relieved if I was one of his fans.''

But the father-of-three, who is married to Sarah McDonald, admitted he could understand why so many parents were upset, adding: ''I would be [disappointed] because kids are crying. I don't really know a great deal about him. I don't have an opinion on him. But it's not cool.''

Despite slamming the 'Beauty And A Beat' singer for his attitude, Noel revealed he would like to take an extended break from the industry like David Bowie, who recently returned after a decade away from the spotlight.

He said: ''I could easily see myself taking 10 years away from music like Bowie. I'd do it this time if the missus would let me.

''[I'd do] nothing. I'd do absolutely nothing. Writing is my hobby and I'm lucky enough that I managed to get a career out of it. I don't have any hobbies. Drinking tea's a hobby, and smoking. That's what I'm good at. I would do nothing. I'm brilliant at doing nothing.''

The proceeds from the event, which also featured performances from Emeli Sandi, Kasabian, Jessie J, Jimmy Carr, Jack Whitehall, Frankie Boyle, Eddie Izzard and John Bishop, all went to Comic Relief.

Host Russell, who previously battled addiction, admitted the charity, which strives to end poverty, is close to his heart, saying: ''This is an important issue today. Those with drug problems and alcoholism, they need to get clean. We're raising money for that here with Give It Up for Comic Relief.''

Source: www.contactmusic.com

No comments